1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's everyone having for dinner tonight....the sequel!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BelleDuJour, Jun 11, 2012.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

2. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I've put a marinated leg of lamb in to cook slowly. It will have apricots, shallots, preserved lemons etc added to it until it becomes a sort of tagine to have with couscous and leeks.

nick909, bizent, lindenlea and 5 others like this.
  3. Marshall

Marshall Lead commenter

Ohh - got some lamb and I'm wondering what to do with it. What did you marinate it in and for how long? Am I too late?

Don't like couscous

nick909, bizent, nizebaby and 4 others like this.
  4. primarycat

nick909, bizent, lindenlea and 5 others like this.
  5. Marshall

Marshall Lead commenter

Thanks primarycat - will save your recipe for future and will go with the garlic, lemon, rosemary, etc. idea - much along the lines of what I was thinking but sometimes it helps for someone to help!

nick909, bizent, nizebaby and 2 others like this.
  6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Which is why this thread is so useful. Sharing recipes :D and reminding one of ones you've forgotten. ;) I've got pork marinading- must be the season for it! ;)

nick909, bizent, nizebaby and 4 others like this.
  7. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

We had fish fingers enchiladas yesterday. They are becoming a favourite and make enough for one person's lunch the next day too.

Today will be Turkish pizza. I am off to London tomorrow. Looks like it's going to be too hot for much more than ice creams and cocktails!

nick909, bizent, nizebaby and 2 others like this.
  8. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Senior commenter

Due to holidays, family drama and life generally getting in the way, I have not had time to properly cook or post on here for what seems like an age! Things are back to normal now though, and it was lovely to skim through the last few pages and read about the delicious food everyone has been cooking/eating.

Yesterday we had takeaway from what is fast becoming our favourite Indian restaurant, and I have polished off the leftovers for lunch: paneer tikka, channa masala, onion bhaji and pilau rice.

Tonight will be salad with a couple of hefty slices of leek and gruyere pie my dad made (he loves to cook but neither he nor my mum have very large appetites any more, so I often get food parcels!).

nick909, bizent, nizebaby and 3 others like this.
  9. lynneseptember

lynneseptember Established commenter

We are having halibut tonight, followed by mixed berries with fresh cream. Will probably bake the halibut with butter and some home grown tomatoes and serve with new potatoes and either spinach or salad- not quite decided yet!

10. bizent

bizent Star commenter

We’ve spent the afternoon in glorious sunshine chatting with strangers at the pub.

Tonight’s planned pasta bol has been ditched for Chinese takeaway (again!)

Cheers everyone! Hic.

11. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Make the most of these precious days, Bizent - and everyone else xxx

Terrible heartburn and brought back the tiny bit of dinner I'd managed to eat. Never mind. I had a few nice norman biscuits later, so I shan't starve. Off to the quack for a few tests when I get home, I suppose.

nick909, bizent, primarycat and 3 others like this.
  12. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Aw, sorry to hear that @nizebaby. I hadn't picked up on anything hinting you aren't well. Take acre.

Lamb steaks here alhough we're still full from the big portions at Ego last night.

13. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

14. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Sirloins on the BBQ with salad.
    Sooooo hot here. Would like to go riding but too hot.

15. primarycat

I'm about to bag up and freeze the lamb leftovers. They'll be a couple of quick meals once I'm back at school.

Tonight will be a lemony prawn, chorizo and rice dish. Then a walk to the local pub which has some jazz on tonight.

16. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Senior commenter

It is very, very hot here, so I think it will be salad of some sort for tea. I have stuff to make a quiche so perhaps I will do that if I can summon up the energy.

Lara mfl 05, nick909 and primarycat like this.
  17. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Finally home after barely having been here for five weeks. Have filled the paddling pool and will eat in the garden. Chicken thighs, fried until the skin is crispy and cooked through, finished with sherry and lemon, which we'll have with courgettes cooked with cream and rosemary.

18. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Welcome back @nick909

Pasta bol was very tasty. Now binge watching Peaky Blinders.

19. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Heartburn is ruling my life at the moment. A friend has just died very suddenly from oesophageal cancer, so I'll take me to the doc when I get home.

Nexium and ranitidine make me vomit spontaneously, so I've had to give them up. At least tonight I managed green lentils with a few bits of charcuterie in them. Plaice tomorrow, I hope.

20. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

And blow me, I'm in France!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.