1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's everyone having for dinner tonight....the sequel!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BelleDuJour, Jun 11, 2012.

1. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Sounds wonderful, Bombay!

In our continuing road trip, we're off to Swansea today for four nights with my parents! No idea what's for dinner!

2. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Much to our astonishment and pleasant surprise, A got enough GCSEs to get onto his course in college. Bless him he’s delighted and so are we, albeit with a touch of relief!

Baked spuds tonight with mixed fillings.

3. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

That's brilliant! Well done him!

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Reading this has reminded me I have nothing planned for this evening. :oops:
    Originally I'd planned courgette gratin , but now Mr L isn't sure which of the courgettes he's picked will be best for putting in the Horticultural Show :rolleyes:, so need to either open a tin of tuna or make 'something eggy'. ;) Now that's an idea I have bacon and dug potatoes, so looks as if 'Bratkartoffel mit Ei;' it is , or 'fried potatoes with bacon, onions and stirred-in egg' for those unfamiliar with the dish. Like this
    [​IMG]

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Moules, frites and stonebaked baguette.
    Followed by rose panacotta and strawberry compote.
    Then baked camembert.
    Yum yum.

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

No idea yet, we had lunch at Airbourne on Sunday, not so good without the Red Arrows but the Blades were good.
    So we had Roast beef on Monday, cold on Tuesday, Moussaka last night, but at a loss for tonight!

7. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Fish cakes eventually. Got a tomato sauce to make first for the freezer - when I get off here.

8. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Something eggy on toast?

I write that with such a pang

9. primarycat

Slightly impressed myself with my defrosted curry leftovers. They were very nice - a spicy, gingery chicken curry and some saag aloo. I'm not as fancy a cook as some here but I'm by no means terrible.

10. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Not an egg lover, did a stirfry!

11. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Off to see the daughter and gf this evening. We are shouting them a Chinese takeaway.
    They aren’t the tidiest of girls. They’ve fully embraced their semi-rural lifestyle. I often wonder if the horses live with them. :rolleyes:

12. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

At least horses smell good. They could be living with manky young men!

13. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Fish tonight, if its fresh in Waitrose anyway. Pots, brocc and toms to go with.

14. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Friends over tonight. The dry-as-a-bone couple who are obsessed with saving money and feel obliged to cast judgement over our lifestyle every chance they get. There will be booze.

We are making chicken schnitzel, potato dauphinoise and creamed leaks. Roasted plums with white chocolate sauce for pud.

15. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Last night was lovely btw. They made a very big effort despite her Dad insisting we go to the local pub which threw out all their timings.

16. primarycat

We had a light lunch at a newish Indian place. Snacky street food. Tonight I'll do a beef salad with chilli, lime etc

17. Marshall

Marshall Lead commenter

chicken, greek salad and new potatoes - one of my favourite meals! Hubs likes it too.

18. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Finally had a decent amount of runner beans for a meal tonight, which with some caul florets, they never made it into a proper cauli :rolleyes:, with a pizza.

19. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Husband spotted a voucher for a free 3 course meal if you buy three courses so we're doing that tonight in town. It's at Ego, if you know it, and is usually a nice meal. Probably only have two courses though. Can be noisy - too many hard surfaces. We'll walk in and totter home, so that's nice for a summer evening.

20. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Very relaxed time in Swansea. Days on the beach, out for walks, daytrip to Tenby to visit my ninety-eight year old nan. Another beach day today, taking our nieces as well. Lunch, I suspect, will be chips and ice cream!

I've been reliably informed that dinner will be roast lamb.