1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's everyone having for dinner tonight....the sequel!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BelleDuJour, Jun 11, 2012.

1. bizent

bizent Star commenter

So far we’ve had sweetcorn fritters with tomato, avocado and plantain salsa (wow!) and C had truffle mac and cheese.

Still room for more hehehe...:

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Where are you off to Biz?
    Have to say the Costco jalfrezi was delicous. Huge chunks of chicken, fresh chillies, fab sauce. Could have passed it off for homemade no problems! Enough for 3, or 2 greed peeps, came with plenty of rice and all for £7.99!

3. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I've done a keema and rice. But I'm actually full of chickpea curry and samosas from the summer fair. Might not eat any, certainly not much. I'll think about it once Mr PC gets in.

4. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Barcelona @BelleDuJour cant wait!

Burgers were delicious. I had the “American” with melted cheese and streaky bacon with mustard, C had the Korean chicken burger which packed a punch!

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Tried something new this evening. We have Kohlrabi growing and a couple of small tennis ball size ones were ready for harvesting.:) So I had a quick search to see if I could make a salad with them. And yes one can and tasted lovely. :)Something we shall repeat. We had with home-grown potatoes, cut 'n' come again lettuce, tons, cue and a small yellow courgette with a cheese quiche.

6. primarycat

Oh enjoy it! Think you are going where we go, if I remember correctly. It's a great spot.

7. bizent

bizent Star commenter

We are going to a resort called Sitges. Tightwad C has got us flying into Gerona. We then have a four hour bus, train, scooter, donkey, sky leap journey to the resort as he refused to hire us a car or pay for a transfer. If it’s hideous he will know about it!

BelleDuJour likes this.
  8. primarycat

Yes. I've been several times. Lovely place. We go just down the coast to Castelldefels too. Mr PC did the Gerona flight with his mum from Bournemouth once. They hired a car which softened it though. I've only ever flown into Barcelona.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  9. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Have a lovely times, Biz. Some friends of ours have just come back from Sitges and they loved it.

Last day with the kids today! Don't often say this but I'm sorry to see them go. I've taught them for two years and they're a lovely bunch. They'll be an asset to their secondary schools!

Our HT is hosting a party this evening so dinner will be whatever she's cooked! She is a very good cook, so it'll be great!

Happy weekend all!

10. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Make sure you go to La Santa Maria, the food is delicious. O/H lived there during the Barcelona Olympics. Also at the top of La Rambla in Barcelona, you must visit La Boqueria, in fact, you'll need another suitcase!!

http://www.boqueria.barcelona/home

primarycat and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  11. BelleDuJour

Cgicken and brocolli filo pie, new pots and tarragon carrots.
    CBA for pudding.................my go to affogato!
    Friends over................had their darling little dog pts last week so need hugs.

12. BelleDuJour

LOL! Oh to be a (Spanish) fly on the wall :D:D:D
    Some lovely restaurants.....but watch for the ones who bring the lobster to the table to introduce it to you before it becomes your dinner, and the tales of the 'suckling lamb that was on the mountains this morning with it's mother' or the 'suckling pig that today left it's brothers and sisters'!
    They love a bit of theatrical baby animal slaughter in Barcelona.........not at all Disney Lol!

primarycat and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  13. primarycat

I felt like that about the ones I took from y5 to y6 a few years ago.

I've got leftover keema so I'll get some naan bread and an Indian veggie dish on the way home. Easy!

14. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Senior commenter

I had the leftover pasta/pesto for dinner yesterday. Tonight we are having Chinese takeaway as I am too exhausted even to think about rummaging in the freezer, let alone cook. And we still have three days to go!

Lara mfl 05 and primarycat like this.
  15. primarycat

I'd wanted a takeaway for similar reasons but am too skint after the graduation. Roll on payday!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  16. jules9

jules9 New commenter

Hooray I made it!!!! Steak and chips with extra onion rings in the pub to celebrate with friends which has been fab.

Also met a group of my 'boys' that I used to teach, which was great as they have grown into such lovely young men. Lots of reminiscing about how they still use the bridge and claw when chopping, that I had taught them in year 7 and I was right that girlfriend were very impressed when they cooked for them. Which was lovely and reminded me why I do what some days seems like an impossible job!

Theatre tomorrow to see 'the colour purple' then thinking of trying one of the Korean restaurants close by, as I've never been to one before.

Happy weekending all, hopefully the weather brightens up tomorrow.

17. Lara mfl 05

Bit of a disaster meal this evening. I'm trying to make space in the freezer for all the veg which need blanching and freezing, so I found some Swedish meatballs. However they haven't frozen well and after thawing we ended up with mince in a sauce! :rolleyes:

lindenlea and friedgreentomatoes like this.
  18. primarycat

Ooops! Bet it tasted good though.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  19. Lara mfl 05

Yes, the taste was the same and as Swedish meatballs are made with pork mince was definitely pork flavoured.

lindenlea and primarycat like this.
  20. primarycat

I'm making sweetcorn fritters as biz's post the other day really made me fancy them.