1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's everyone having for dinner tonight....the sequel!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BelleDuJour, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Marshall

Marshall Lead commenter

Having a fraught time at the mo - trying hard to cook good meals but I've had enough today so we are having a delivered Indian - my favourite but Hubs less so - he can have a bit.

Lara mfl 05, bizent, nick909 and 3 others like this.
  2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to 'indulge' yourself, so enjoy and as ;Hubs' less keen with his appetite will probably be enough.

bizent, nick909, egyptgirl and 2 others like this.
  3. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Senior commenter

Yesterday was cheese and onion quiche and salad; tonight is pizza.

bizent, nick909, Lara mfl 05 and 2 others like this.
  4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Sainsbury's ravioli with peppers and courgettes. Done in ten minutes - my kind of dinner. We have a new Musical Director. It's been completely exhausting but we're very happy.Taking the one who is leaving out for a curry before he leaves.

5. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Yesterday we had ratatouille made from mostly things out of the garden with brown rice salad. Tonight we had marinated pork with a new potato salad and raw courgette salad.

6. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

And a belated happy birthday to Mrs @nick909

bizent, nick909 and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  7. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Seconding Lara! Nothing wrong with treating yourself if you need a boost. I firmly believe that enjoying life is one's number one priority, so making last minute changes to accommodate this as much as possible is important.

Thanks for Mrs909's birthday wishes!

Yesterday's performances were superb. I've taught this class for two years now and to watch them stand confidently on a stage in front of a large audience (we did it at the local church so the ambience and acoustics were spot on), and confidently deliver lines in Shakespearean. singing with gusto and clearly enjoying themselves (more than a little ad-libbing went on!) was wonderful. Was quite emotional at times!

Another busy day with sports day and a packed afternoon. Dinner will be spaghetti with raw, marinaded tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and basil, and topped with fried breadcrumbs. One of our absolute favourites at this time of year, when tasty British tomatoes start appearing!

8. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Aw you big softy!
    Omelettes tonight with a bit of salad after fish and chips at lunch.

9. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Governors for me tonight. Mr PC will have some pasta ready when I get home.

10. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

No idea.
    Maybe spag with tomatoes, artichokes and garlic.

11. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Going for a , mostly, 'veggie option this evening. Mixture of home-grown seasonal veg. made into patties with a baked spud for Mr L, and then a couple of poached eggs.
    Typing that last bit reminded me of Cosmos 'an eggy something'. :(

12. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Senior commenter

Pasta with pesto and tomato salad. Garlic bread if I can be bothered to make it.

bizent, Lara mfl 05 and primarycat like this.
  13. BelleDuJour

No tomatoes...............

bizent and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  14. bizent

bizent Star commenter

A Thai chicken korma. Make of that what you will haha.

15. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Oh dear.

bizent and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  16. BelleDuJour

Chicken jalfrezi.
    Not home made :)eek:) but a Costco one. Their ready meals are the only ones apart from 'Cook' I will use. TBH they are better than 'Cook' and a lot cheaper. And you can watch them being prepared from scratch.
    Just too busy to cook ATM......need to pick up horsebox from service, then car from service, then bake cakes, then ride horse.................arghhh!!!!

17. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Yes, COOK ones can be decent but they are overpriced, I think. Also a fan of the Costco ones. M&S Ready meals are decent too, tbh.

We've got ramen with smoked mackerel and the other usual additions.

18. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Quiche with whatever veg are lurking.
    Just bought some espadrilles with a wedge sole from H and M - never shopped there for myself before. £25 for exactly what I wanted. They wont get worn much but they are reasonably comfortable and go just right with the dress I got from Warehouse in John Lewis. £45 for taking the family out for husbands 70th .
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  19. BelleDuJour

Love that dress!

Lara mfl 05, bizent and lindenlea like this.
  20. bizent

bizent Star commenter

We have successfully run the freezer, fridge and cupboards down before we go away on Monday. Unfortunately that means we have no food in the house. Tonight we are going for half price burgers.