1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's everyone having for dinner tonight....the sequel!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BelleDuJour, Jun 11, 2012.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Boy George was awesome!!!! What a show he put on.
    A fabulous time was had by all.
    JessieJ tonight!
    New dobbin is installed in Belle Towers and I'm busy with a cake this afternoon......no rest!!

2. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Parents' evening so will be too late to eat a big meal, so will have ham and salad sandwiches.

*stares hard at Auntie Dunty*

;)

3. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Ooh you know what...I do like a nice ham salad sarnie. Nice thick cut ham, fresh cucumber and tomato, but of salt and pepper and fresh bread.
    It’s funny how things change, years ago mum would go to Swansea Market and buy freshly cut cooked ham which my siblings and I would moan about and pick to bits much to her annoyance (quite right too is ungrateful were we?!) we would sit there saying “why can’t you buy the packet stuff from Somerfield?!”
    Now, I’m saying to my own (step)kids “no that stuff is rubbish and pumped full of water, why not try the one I made?” And their reaction is the same!

I met my new class again today. They are so lovely (very needy) and one of them made me a “handbook” with a two-page comic strip titled “Why Mr Biz is the best”. After four years of hell, I almost shed a tear. He’s totally my favourite hahaha.

Pasta bolognese tonight.

4. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Parents' evening here too but ours finish reasonably early. Mr PC is out kicking a football around and I'll do some sort of pasta with a bit of left over gammon from the freezer made into a creamy sauce with a bit of veg thrown in.

nick909 and friedgreentomatoes like this.
  5. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Senior commenter

It's been a very hectic week and my "meals" have mainly been stuff on toast. Back to near normality tonight: pasta and chilli tomato sauce from the freezer, with garlic bread.

nick909, Lara mfl 05 and primarycat like this.
  6. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Watching the Nadal/Federer match but slipped out to the kitchen long enough to make us a prawn, avocado and mango salad. Will slip back out in a bit to dish out some berries and pour some cream.

7. primarycat

I'm making spiced lamb koftes with flat bread, lettuce, cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, chilli sauce and garlic sauce. Kebabs. I'm making kebabs.

8. bizent

bizent Star commenter

We’ve decided to celebrate the end of the week with some beers at the pub. Currently sat in the shade which is still roasting!!

Supper is my death row meal, sausage, beans and chips. Brownies and ice cream for afters.

9. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

We were going out for a family meal for son 1's birthday, buy the girls are a little unsettled and so to avoid any melt-downs we just picked up fish and chips to enjoy with them. :D

10. friedgreentomatoes

Spanish omelette and salad tonight.

bizent, nick909, freckle06 and 2 others like this.
  11. bizent

bizent Star commenter

We celebrated a bit too much. Sighhhhh....

Friends for supper tonight so we are having. I made the sauce yesterday and it’s a Thai style sauce I think. Got some chicken thighs from the butcher which are steaming with a curry powder, tamarind and lemongrass blend. Will serve with sticky Thai style fried potatoes.

There will be booze....:oops:

12. primarycat

I'm making coronation chicken with salad and poppodums tonight. Haven't had it for ages and really fancied it.

13. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

"hot buffet" at the soroptimists barn dance - we know how to live!

bizent, nick909, Lara mfl 05 and 2 others like this.
  14. friedgreentomatoes

We're going out to an Italian restaurant with friends tonight. At the moment I'm thinking caprese salad followed by ravioli, but that might change when I get there!

15. egyptgirl

We had vegetable biriyani, tandoori salmon and raita.

16. primarycat

PCjr is graduating. We're going for a night to see the ceremony tomorrow. I've booked a Turkish place for tonight thst looks really good and had lots of veggie options for her. Tomorrow there will be 6 of us having a meal in the Italian restaurant that she likes.

bizent, Lara mfl 05, nick909 and 2 others like this.
  17. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

@primarycat How lovely!
    Met someone I went to grammar school with, at the barn dance last night. Amazing. Told me one girl I knew since I was 4 is married to a judge.
    Going to the pictures later this pm followed by a takeaway with friends. Think I upset one of them yesterday, I was quite sharp with her, but she was really winding me up and I'd had a couple of glasses of wine. Ah well, it's not only spouses who are "for better and for worse". We'll move on I expect and now she knows how very far from a perfect friend I am.

18. egyptgirl

Congratulations to PCJr!
    Going out with my team from work for dinner tonight - going to a Thai restaurant so looking forward to some yummy food.

19. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Congrats to PC Jr!

Spent the night at good friends last night. They are a forty-something gay couple, childless and absolutely loaded, so staying at their gorgeous house is always like staying at a boutique B&B!

It was lovely and warm so we ate in their beautiful garden, and stayed out there until almost midnight, only putting jumpers on at eleven or so. They are considering opening up a cocktail bar overlooking the river, so they have been experimenting with and inventing cocktails for a little while now, so we had a few of those at various points.

Food was stunning. They went to Japan for a holiday recently so wanted to recreate the vibe. We nibbled on spicy chilli and miso edamame beans; then started with homemade sushi - two different types; mains were roast chicken ramen and finally dessert was a green matcha tea tiramisu...sort of Japanese/Italian fusion. Gorgeous. And then finished ourselves off with some excellent Japanese whisky!

A far more simple dinner for us later this evening - butcher's sausages with roasted new spuds and a chunky tomato and chilli sauce.

Happy Sunday, all!

20. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

No bad thing and if you know each other well enough you should be able to get past it. ;)

Congratulations to Pc jnr.

My husband has to go out this evening so a quick sausage pasta salad before he goes- because I'm watching the tennis! ;)