1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's everyone having for dinner tonight....the sequel!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BelleDuJour, Jun 11, 2012.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Here's the new thread to replace the now locked one!
    Having said that, not a clue what we're having for dinner tonight. Probably lamb chops with a tomato and white wine sauce with new potatoes and green beans.
    Weather is so cold, wet and foul I am seriously feeling like stew and dumplings!

JosieWhitehead and JU3fromLeics like this.
  2. BelleDuJour

Here's the new thread to replace the now locked one!
    Having said that, not a clue what we're having for dinner tonight. Probably lamb chops with a tomato and white wine sauce with new potatoes and green beans.
    Weather is so cold, wet and foul I am seriously feeling like stew and dumplings!

3. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Well done, Belle.
    Although I have enjoyed looking back over the year or so...
    Same here. Pasta with tuna, garlic and parsley not seeming quite so tempting, all of a sudden.
    We have a beef stew in the freezer, I think. Should defrost by dinner time if I get it out straight away....

JosieWhitehead likes this.
  4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Either gammon with parsely sauce, broadbeans and new pots or gammon with cauliflower cheese and new pots.
    Thanks Belle it was interesting but infuriating to find oneself in a time warp!

JosieWhitehead likes this.
  5. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Well, here we go with the new dinner thread....it'll be a shame to see the old one go...so many happy memories of so many tasty dinners!
    (Will it be removed?...I know we can't add to it as it is locked....but will it stay as a thread for reading?)
    It's going to be strange to be back in the present day!
    So....dinner tonight...just something simple....pasta with a tomato and chilli sauce.

maginda likes this.
  6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I'd like to keep the locked thread as there are many recipes on there.

7. bizent

bizent Star commenter

I did wonder what on earth was going on.....
    In between finding ways of fighting back against my bullying line manager and his sidekick I am hoping to make a nice pasta sauce with garlic bread. Individual portions though as the OH isn't eating. He wants to be a rice cake now rather than a beef cake.

8. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Do you think the mods would 'pin' the locked thread - so we could keep it at the top as a reference book?
    (I suppose I coul just keep it in my hotlist...that'd work too!)

9. BelleDuJour

What? Give me beef cake any day! [​IMG]

10. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Me too but he's got it in his mind that he's overweight (my fault entirely as I am a feeder - apparently)

11. It's a horrid wet, cold afternoon so perfect for trawling back through the pages of the old thread and salvaging recipes.
    hah! I have one of those too. Nothing to do with slices of bread and jam after every meal and midnight snacks!

12. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

So...a new thread! Can't complain - the other one lasted for over 7000 posts...

Was planning a kind of Thai-style salad with the leftover brisket from yesterday shredded up but now I think I'll make a quick bolognese sauce and add the brisket into that. All I need to decide is whether its going to be carb-overkill to have garlic bread with as well as spaghetti or not...

13. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

You have to have garlic bread with spag bol!!

14. bizent

bizent Star commenter

EXACTLY!! Nothing to do with the doorstep bread with a two inch thick layer of peanut butter everyday when he gets in from work? Nothing to do with the bags of sweets in front of the tv whilst i'm marking? Nothing to do with the whole tubs of Haagen Daaz (sp?) when he thinks I haven't noticed the first tub of the "two-for-a-fiver" deal is hidden in the recycling bin.
    Nope...all because I like puddings and before he met me he didn't eat puddings. Hmmmmm.

15. egyptgirl

You're right! And with all of the shivering I've been doing today, I'm bound to have burned it off!!!

16. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Weather inspired change of plan:
    Spaghetti with bacon, and thick, reduced tomato sauce, with loads of garlic and chilli. I am about to take the girl for a walk around the park in the carrierto to earn the calories to munch on a load of garlic bread as well. Result.
    Up yours, weather!
    [​IMG]

17. BelleDuJour

I've asked Bev not to delete the old thread and she says they won't. So hotlist it for future reference, as it will drop off the page now it has been locked.

18. wiemaranerlover

wiemaranerlover New commenter

Grey and miserable in Yorkshire too - and it was my day off too [​IMG]
    Chilli with jacket potatoes and plain yoghurt/coleslaw if it needs toning down after a week or so in the freezer.
    Coffee cake made yesterday for pudding - have frozen half as GF cakes don't last too well.
    Went to the gym earlier so don't feel guilty about the pud!

19. BelleDuJour

You have to have a glass of red too [​IMG]

needabreak likes this.
  20. egyptgirl

I think you mean bottle!

nizebaby and needabreak like this.