1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's been happening in schools?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by simi_, Jun 9, 2012.

1. I've been out of the school environment for a few years and am now ready to return. I'm primary trained and looking to return but I keep hearing about how it's changed..that in itself isn't unexpected.
    The trouble is no one has actually told me how things have changed. So I'm on here to ask you what are the expectations for
    * safeguarding - is this child protection or is something different with regards procedures etc
    * APP ??
    * Target Setting - is there a model way of doing this these days?
    * Data Analysis ?
    * The class in general!
    * Conflict between staff !!
    I really would appreciate anyone's advice, Teachers, SMT, Middle Leaders, Headteachers, Governors, TA s etc.
    Thanks in advance to you all.

2. I've been out of the school environment for a few years and am now ready to return. I'm primary trained and looking to return but I keep hearing about how it's changed..that in itself isn't unexpected.
    The trouble is no one has actually told me how things have changed. So I'm on here to ask you what are the expectations for
    * safeguarding - is this child protection or is something different with regards procedures etc
    * APP ??
    * Target Setting - is there a model way of doing this these days?
    * Data Analysis ?
    * The class in general!
    * Conflict between staff !!
    I really would appreciate anyone's advice, Teachers, SMT, Middle Leaders, Headteachers, Governors, TA s etc.
    Thanks in advance to you all.

3. 'The trouble is no one has actually told me how things have changed'.
    Start with some internet searches and reading the primary and 'Workplace dilemmas' threads here. However, a lot of issues you list vary from school to school anyway.
    See if your local authority offers a returners course. I somehow doubt that they will now (budget cuts), though, and primary teachers are still in plentiful supply.

4. A lot has definitely changed to keep up with the times. There's a vast of information out there because it would depend on what school and the students who go there.

5. Hi
    This does not appear to be a question aimed at the Teaching Agency.