1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Whatever happened to Raymond Soltysek?

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by parent_power, Aug 4, 2015.

1. He could be blunt, but knew his stuff.

He was good enough to teach teachers how to teach, so an expert in disciplinary matters.

Doesn't he post any more? Anyone know why?

2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Hi PP

Your post made me curious so I did a search on Raymond S and it took me to a thread on here that ended about 18 months ago. The thread was about an NGT on the brink...a very sad story about the state of behaviour in today's schools. The NGT posted under the name JenNGT...in the end I think she might have decided to leave teaching and I wonder what happened.

3. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Yes that is the thread. I meant to the NQT.

I wonder where JenNQT is now...what a sad story

4. thisisaworm

thisisaworm New commenter

He lectures at Strathclyde in Glasgow!

5. RSoltysek

RSoltysek New commenter

Hi there. Someone mentioned a thread about me here. I left simply because of some of the hassle I received in 'real life' from some posters who didn't like what I said. I felt it wasn't worth the trouble to keep posting here.

And I never, ever posted under the name JamesTES or as anyone other than myself: he was another poster who shared a lot of my thoughts.

Hope the message boards are going from strength to strength!

6. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

Ooh, bit of a fib there, Ray. Remember 'minivan'?

7. RSoltysek

RSoltysek New commenter

Vaguely, but I have moved on a bit in the last three years or so. Couldn't have been much of a pseudonym, since it's obvious that you and everyone else knew it was me. Don't think I ever used it to conceal myself.

However, the general nastiness of some posters both on and off the board made it not worth taking part.