1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Whatever anyone says, TES

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Aug 9, 2012.

1. ...has been a great source of comfort to me in some very dark days.
    Also - lots of laughs.
    Also - too bloody much time-wasting. How can I spend a good hour on here but not get around to writing important letters?

2. Also - loads of great advice.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Me too.

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

And me! Not only has it got me through some rough times at work by making me laugh until I've cried, it's made me think more carefully about some educational (and other) issues through seeing others' opinions.
    I've also made several really good friends from TES, who will remain friends for the rest of my life, I reckon.

5. I love the laughs the best. Some posters are so clever with the wit. I'm in awe sometimes.
    Thought provoking as well. Like abstract puzzles.

6. I bet I could've written a couple of decent books in the time I've wasted on here. Bloody TES.

7. You, young lady, should be painting.
    You could paint how you 'see' tes posters

8. Painting. Don't. Whenever I pick up a brush the child does her best to sabotage me.

9. Could you get her, her own little easal ? how on earth is easel spelt...... tut........
    Strip her off - or put an old cut down t shirt of yours on her ..... and let her splodge away.
    I love painting with my grandkids. Well, they paint.......

10. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

I was honestly at breaking point with job applications when Middlemarch gave me that final confidence boost I needed to nail a job, I have never stopped being grateful for that, I just hope I've helped other posters even half as much [​IMG]

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Alternatively put her in one of your long sleeved tops and tie the arms around her... No? Oh well...

12. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Some really useful resources too (although they can be a b*gger to find!)

13. MEAN, seren.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

TES is an ever present help in time of trouble and it makes me choke with laughter quite often.( I have had to learn to do the Heimlich manouevre on myself). And I have made some truly wonderful friends on here and don't know what I'd do without them!

15. There are some really fabulous posters on here.
    Those people have really kept me sane recently. I will be eternally grateful to them.

16. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Bless you for that! Knowing you're so much happier in the new job is a real tonic for me, actually.

17. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

middlemarch and theogriff have been rocks of comfort and aceness with job problems. flutterby helped a lot too.

18. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Tes is very comforting most of the time. I like the wee glimpses into other people lives when we share things and it is a wonderful place to get random questions answered. A wealth of life experience is here.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

middlemarch shares my love of cake and we've shared many a slice!
    theo keeps me supplied with reading material.
    "wonders what I can get out of her..."

20. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

i can't remember whether i ever thanked flutterby properly. i was under some stress at the time and i fear i may have let the niceties slip. thank you flutterby, even if it is a bit late.