1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What you miss as a Teacher?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by craig_f, Feb 23, 2011.

1. As I start my GTP in September, my holidays will now have to coincide with school term time.
    Although this is a massive perk ,one of my great passions is going to festivals - especially Glasto.
    However, as Glasto falls inside school term I feel this years is going to be my last for some years to come [​IMG] .
    Do any teachers still manage to get to things inside term time or am I 'doomed' to never go again. ?
    And as a teacher is there anything you miss that you otherwise could attend if you were in a regular 9-5 ?

2. As I start my GTP in September, my holidays will now have to coincide with school term time.
    Although this is a massive perk ,one of my great passions is going to festivals - especially Glasto.
    However, as Glasto falls inside school term I feel this years is going to be my last for some years to come [​IMG] .
    Do any teachers still manage to get to things inside term time or am I 'doomed' to never go again. ?
    And as a teacher is there anything you miss that you otherwise could attend if you were in a regular 9-5 ?