1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What year group next year?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Dub73, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Well I found out on Friday what year group I will be teaching next year. After three years in Year 5 I am heading to Year 3. I have never taught Year 3 so I am looking forward to the new challenge.
    What is everyone else doing?

2. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Staying put in 5/6. No-one else knowswhere they are going yet so I'm keeping quiet[​IMG]

3. I have also spent 3 years in Year 5 and I am moving to Y3 next year! I have taught Y3 before (but only for 2 terms) so I'm quite looking forward to it [​IMG]

4. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I still do not know! I am changing schools and my new one has not decided yet. I am desperate to find out for sure as it is likely I will be changing key stage and be on completely unfamiliar territory! I am hoping to be told next week.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I don't know officially either. All the HT said was that 'He will try very hard to accommodate my wishes and could not see a reason not to at that time.' Definitely not a firm enough answer to get excited about!

6. Year 1

7. NewJob2010

NewJob2010 New commenter

From Y5/6 to Y6 x

8. Moving from Y2 to Reception :)

9. Year 3/4 to Year 1/2.... completely out of my comfort zone and I wasn't asked... just told....
    Slowly getting use to the idea ....

10. Year 6 to Year 1.
    Anyone got a parachute?

11. Blimey!
    Year 6 for me.

12. I know! Not taught KS1 since my initial placement on PGCE 7 years ago! Wasn't exactly my choice either. Scared much!

13. still not found out :(

14. Me too! Year 5/6 to year 1/2. Was my choice as I've only ever taught years 5 or 6 since qualifying.
    Any advice would be greatly received

?

15. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

Yet another year in year 6. Seems no one else wants year 6! I've already put my request it for a move to lower down the school for year after!

16. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Staff in our school love to have a dig at Y6 teaching. 'All you do is revision', 'not any real plannign for you lot' etc.

Yet none of them ever want to work in Y6. If it is so easy I ask them, then why don't you ask the head to be here next year?

They shut up after that.

17. How rude of them! I've been doing cover across my school and I really think Year 6 is the hardest - not many people at my school want Year 6 either. The other year that no-one wants is Reception!

18. I am sooooooooooooooooooo happy! Year 6 again and my lazy year group partner has been moved. Yay result!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

(I know, they may well be pleased to be moving!)

19. Year 2 to Year 1 - woo hoo
    bye bye SATs!

20. Y5. Haven't done it for years but must have some stuff stored away somewhere - I really need to have a good sort out! Looking forward to it as some of the topics are great but others will need changing. I'm also going back full time. Wish me luck!