1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What would you think ?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ff392, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Then might I suggest April? That seems to be the prevailing view. Or is it easier to accept the effectively secular "mainstream" date?
    I have made no digs towards faith, only towards teaching matters of faith as bald fact, when that is simply not accurate.
    I would ask you to point out any post where you think I was being deliberately offensive, or where I displayed ignorance, and also to rectify that apparent ignorance with some information.
    (Also, It'd make me happy if you'd note the appropriate way to deal with a percieved insult above, rather than resorting to the petty rudeness you've demonstrated so far).

2. WolfPaul

WolfPaul Occasional commenter

.... and do you know the irony of this Milgod? I actually happen to believe that your point about giving the children the choice over the ashes has far more validity than the OP's bleating about having a choice.
    No, because that's not what this thread is about.

3. I don't see why this discussion needs to continue. Someone made a mistake, both people have clarified their position.
    Further than that, I really don't see any point in this volley of hostility.

4. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Well if we can't infer the same meaning then there is no point in continuing this argument. I stand by what I said and what i felt the OP said/meant. The OP's subsequent posts have also secured my feelings on this.
    Anyway, we'll have to agree to disagree.

5. WolfPaul

If you look back at the last post on the previous page, I was trying to agree with you! [​IMG]

6. Milgod

As I want to go to bed soon I will say only this. The thread had developed into a discussion about faith schools. It is also relevant to the whole discussion about choice in schools.

I will say no more on that matter.

7. WolfPaul

Don't forget to say your prayers. [​IMG]

8. Milgod

I watch a DVD each night in bed, as all good people do.

You won't believe me but I have been working my way through 'The Bible' collection (Ithink made by Time - or at least that's who I got them through). I am being a bit naughty though and watching them out of chronological order. The first half of the Jesus DVD tonight!

9. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

They already are so what's the point??
    What? So what are you doing then??? The discussion has been lost among the many posts where you and wolfpaul call each other liars, and argue over grammar and reading comprehension. Can't help but notice you singled two faith school teachers out to be labelled as ignorant. You think faith schools are antiquated wastes of time. so support the OPs feelings of outrage. We support faith schools and feel the OP is over-reacting. When did it turn into a discussion about your use of connectives?

10. WolfPaul

Enjoy!

11. Milgod

I'm moving on now because I can't be bothered to search through the posts to show the evidence of your ignorant comments but they wre generally about non-faith teachers etc. I didn't say faith schools were a waste of time, don't put words in my mouth.

I will say this. Just because something is already in place doesn't make it right. It doesn't mean it shouldn't be questioned and have to justify itself.

12. WolfPaul

I agree. Perhaps you should start a new thread about faith schools.

13. Milgod

Nah, I'll just wait a few more weeks until Easter threads come along and we can do this all again. [​IMG]

Plus, I will never get to bed if i do.

14. It's a shame that dagnabit hasn't been able to reply to my last post. I was really looking forward to rectifying my "ignorance".

15. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

I'm sulking. Bu**er off.[​IMG]