1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What would you think ?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ff392, Mar 13, 2011.

1. WolfPaul

WolfPaul Occasional commenter

A lie.

2. WolfPaul

You're lying about me Milgod. Stop it.

3. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

I admit I wasn't clear enough there. A long day you see.

I didn't mean I didn't care either way, but that I didn't care about carrying on the conversation. If I had a strong opinion on something though I wouldn't concede unless somebody had actually made enough good points to sway me.

wolfpaul, although tiresome at times, consistently keeps you on your toes. dagnabit doesn't seem to want to even address any points made.

4. Maybe a tube of 'No more Nails' on the focus table?

5. Milgod

No it isn't.

These are your words -

'Post 1 doesn't refer to children at all, and I can't see any suggestion in any of the OP's subsequent post that suggest this at all'

6. WolfPaul

Yes, as a direct response to YOUR words:

I even quoted it at the time, Milgod. YOU were suggesting that the OP had wanted the children to have a choice, I was pointing out that the OP had done no such thing. I never said that the OP didn't mention children, I just said that they never made a point about them having a choice. You lack of reading skills is making you look rather silly, TBH.

7. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

Sweet Lord. [​IMG] I believe in Jesus, and feel faith schools are important. You do not. At what point in this discussion is that ever going to change?? Unstoppable force vs immoveable object. I know when to quit. I don't find your lack of belief frustrating, we are both entitled to our opinions.

But yours is wrong. Nah nah ne nah nah. [​IMG] Now holding hands over ears and going la la la la la.

8. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

You're better than telly.[​IMG]

9. Milgod

Blimey! I never took you to be one of those that had to have everything spelled out for you. I took it as implied. I thought we were all old enough to udnerstand that. Do you really have to have everything written out word for word? The OP was talking in general about not having a choice themselves and replied to another poster's question about the children. I took it that the OP didn't feel this was right either.

I do think you need to do some reading comp work on deducing information.

10. Milgod

That's my point though. You believe in those things but won't actually have a discussion about faith schools. You would rather make ignorant comments.

11. WolfPaul

Oh I see. So you suggested that I lied about someone based on
    a) something I didn't write
    and
    b) something you THOUGHT someone else had meant but didn't actually say.

Good one, Milgod.

12. Milgod

I'll type slowly as you seem to be a bit simple tonight.

You quoted me saying that the OP didn't want to be forced or the children be forced.
    You replied saying that the OP didn't mention children.
    I showed you that they did.
    You then dismissed that claim.
    I said you were calling them a liar (by dismissing their claim).

Do we understand now? I really don't know how much clearer I can make it. The OP's posts since then have also backed up my initial thoughts.

13. WolfPaul

A lie.

14. WolfPaul

Again. How many times do I have to point out to you that this sentence:
    "Post 1 doesn't refer to children at all, and I can't see any suggestion
    in any of the OP's subsequent post that suggest this at all."
    ...does NOT mean that the OP didn't mention children at all. Try actually READING it, Milgod, and see if you can see that I was acknowledging that the OP DID mention children subsequently, but not in the way you suggested. Why do you think I specifically mentioned post 1?
    It's seems that it's YOU who need it spelled out for you.

15. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

Wrong. People who have argued against the statements you make are usually tarred as ignorant. I have joined the discussion as a supporter of faith schools - which is reflected in my posts (well the earlier ones before I got silly), but obviously any opinion that is at odds to yours is wrong, ill informed and displays ignorance. You want a good heated argument, where you can get personal (like those between you and wolfpaul), or to shock people with tongue in cheek statements. I'm not very good fodder I'm afraid, because I find it very hard to take you seriously.

16. Milgod

This is fairly dull now. Please learn to read beyond the simple words on a page. You might even get a L5 in your reading SATs!

17. WolfPaul

Again. How many times do I have to point out to you that this sentence:
    "Post 1 doesn't refer to children at all, and I can't see any suggestion
    in any of the OP's subsequent post that suggest this at all."
    ...does NOT mean that the OP didn't mention children at all. Try actually READING it, Milgod, and see if you can see that I was acknowledging that the OP DID mention children subsequently, but not in the way you suggested. Why do you think I specifically mentioned post 1?
    It's seems that it's YOU who need it spelled out for you

18. WolfPaul

I'm not talking about what you thought the OP said, Milgod. Infer what you will.

I'm talking about what you said about ME. You keep claiming that I said the OP never mentioned children. I said no such thing.

19. WolfPaul

I don't need to read beyond MY words to know MY meaning, Milgod.

20. Milgod

You find it hard to posy anything serious. I have only used the word ignorance when it has been needed - some of yours and gertie's posts. You have consistently (even in your early posts) managed to show a disregard for those who don't believe in the same things as you. Nobody has made an actual case for faith schools to be in the state system yet.
    You have even taken what sunscorch said as an attack when it clearly wasn't.