I posted recently about being a dilemma (https://community.tes.com/threads/career-dilemma-experienced-colleagues-please-advise.791327/). I successfully interviewed and was offered the HOD job. Currently, on MPS5 and successfully negotiated and was offered UPS1 + 4530 TLR. It's my 4th year of teaching with 100% pass rate year or year. I hold a double first in my subject; MA with distinction, and a PhD (This is just to provide a context and background! Please don't read any pride into it; it isn't intended at all.) However, because I'm currently in a great school (rated outstanding by Ofsted, excellent results, fantastic data, great colleagues and SLTs, extremely oversubscribed, affluent demography, etc., but where I feel overworked and underpaid) and due to this moving to a school (which was in difficulty, poor socio-economic demography, poor data, great SLT, reportedly a previously tough school, but which under new HT and SLT have greatly improved, etc.) I'm in a dilemma about what to do (i.e. accept or decline offer). My current school (where we move up the scale every year) have, in response to this development, offered to increase my current TLR from 2k p/a to 4k p/a but said nothing about scale (I'm assuming they'll simply move me to MPS6. However, whether or not, I'll automatically cross the threshold from MPS to UPS thereafter, I don't know. If you're in my position, what would you do. I need to decide urgently. Thanks everyone.