1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What would you do with Y7 if you had them for the whole day?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by quokka2011, Jan 24, 2016.

1. quokka2011

quokka2011 New commenter

Hello,
    I've been a member of TES for a while but more of a reader than a poster so this is my first post. In the next few months we have Y7 for a whole day and we can basically do any activities we wish with them. I'd like to do some sort of language awareness/why languages are important type of day and I want to make it really enjoyable for them, however I'm not feeling very creative at the moment! We will have 4 classes of around 30, equal split of French and German and 4 members of staff (possibly a few more but they won't be linguists). I've started looking into theatre companies to get an idea of prices - does anyone have any recommendations? We will be able to have access to computers for part of the day also.
    So to the good folk of TES land - do you have any ideas? What would you do if you could have your Y7s for a whole day? Does anyone have any experience of running language days? How did it go? Any ideas or advice would be really appreciated. Many thanks!

2. funambule

funambule New commenter

Suggest you do a search for `European Day of Languages' ideas (happens on 26 September); many of these will be useful or adaptable to your needs.
    Plenty here to get you started: http://edlideas.wikispaces.com/

3. toadman

toadman Occasional commenter

Scream!!

Vladimir likes this.
  4. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

Pull a sickie!