Hi everyone, With a few weeks to go until the end of my second placement on my PGCE course I decided to leave the placement which goes down as a 'fail' as far as my university is concerned. This may appear on the surface to be a silly decision, but one of the major reasons which influenced me was the daily commute which was 65 miles each way to my school which resulted in a 130 mile round trip each day. The commute in each direction took an hour and a half, which meant that throughout this time due to driving I was unable to work on essays, lesson plans and other matters related to the role of a student teacher. In order to manage my time effectively I explained the situation in a sensible manner to my University tutor, and she was unwilling to give me an extension for one of my M-level assignments. Despite telling her on numerous occassions the negative impact that this commute was having upon my performance in the classroom, it refused to register with her. On my final observation during the placement, she began to pick up on the fact that apparently I wasn't meeting certain Q standards (bit late in the day in my opinion, if I was in that much of a state in the classroom, surely my subject mentor should have got in touch with the university to explain things, but this did not happen). An action plan was then produced by my University Tutor which in all fairness made no relevance to my supposed areas of weakness. Working with my mentor we decided to challenge the tutor and she then explained the action plan to him in a completely different way as to what was written on the document, and he then said whether I disagree with it or not I had no choice but to go along with it. It was at this point I decided to finish things - firstly the commute was in my opinion ridiculous when other members of the course were located in schools 5 minutes away from where they lived, and secondly because the mentor was unwilling to understand the negative impact that this was having upon my performance. Just wandering how I should take things on from this point! I have refused to withdraw from the university, despite my tutor pestering me to get her to sign the withdrawal forms. The course director has informed me that I will be able to retake the placement again but not until March 2012. This to me is not ideal, and in a perfect world would like the chance to re-do it during the Autumn term! I know that I want to do teaching as I have invested the last few years of my life working as a teaching assistant, and then making the logical progression up to commence a PGCE course. My first placement was great, really enjoyed it and came out with a 'good'. I was rated by my mentor during my second placement as a good / satisfactory which in turn does not reflect the views of my university tutor. So, just wandering what I should do now! Is anyone in a similar situation as me? Thanks and sorry about the essay!