1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What would you do in assembly if you had the guts?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by LapisLazuli, Feb 23, 2008.

1. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I didnt't actually do anything....

I just had a random chat to my friend in work while having a lunchtime fag and mentioned my bizarre idea.... and it kind of escalated......:)

But *IF* I had um... 'arranged' it all you would have been on my invite list Mixu....:)

2. Aww! So have you come back down to earth yet?

3. Now I am VERY confused - have you proposed, Daisy?

It would seem yes?

4. DaisysLot

Awwwww CQ.... you old pagan muppet.... get on msn!

**Rolls eyes***

5. arrrrrrrgh, sweetie, I am getting ready for a date, I'll be in touch soon, me wee pagan sister.

*rolls Daisy's eyes back through cyber space to her*

I watched Jeepers Creepers II last night - pluurlease don't talk to me of eyes!!

6. DaisysLot

ok :)

Will catch you soon.....a date, a date! woo woo

7. I wish I could say woo hoo but tis all sooooooooooo complicated.

A little bit of me IS saying woo hoo - but tis all a bit tinged and tainted with unfinished business.

arrrrrgh.

Anyway - you will here the gossip ;O)

8. jellytot24

jellytot24 New commenter

I got your text Daisy and I tried to get home to watch the news but we were stuck in traffic! Congratulations, what fantastic news!!!!!

xxxxx

9. I am still confused. Which one is DaisysLot : the one on a stage at some sort of Assembly or the one ot of doors with children holding up pieces of paper with hearts on them?????????????

10. ...out of doors...

11. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

Daisy was the one on stage...the one with the fabulous hair!

12. Thanks.

Still cringing though...

13. Yes - my colleague did it and yes it hit the news. I won't say anymore lest my cringing and distaste for the whole affair both identifies me and gets me into trouble....

14. DaisysLot

15. jellytot24

jellytot24 New commenter

Shall I expect an invite in the near future D?

16. DaisysLot

Aye

Have left the bloody family in chaos.....

Father determined to spend a fortune... bless him.....
    Mother very concerned that I was looking at dressed on ebay....
    Friends all very concerned about it being... um... soon....
    And me? Well... all I want really is a fury cape, a good band and the chance to have everyone in one place :)

17. jellytot24

jellytot24 New commenter

MSN D??

I keep watching the ITN video, can't get over it, it's so weird to see you on it and the text you sent makes so much sense now!

18. DaisysLot

Cheers Stop - Too late.... Seems to have worked out grand for us though :)

19. stopwatch

stopwatch Established commenter

Hi DL.
    I posted before I saw that the thread had extended to so many pages.
    I'm pleased it worked out for you.
    Just shows you, us grumpy old men don't know everything! [​IMG]

20. I remember watching the links at the time, but they don't seem to work any more.
    Also vaguely confused, the thread started with lapis lazuli saying she wanted to do it (and I am assuming she is a she, even though there was some confusion and some posters decided along the way that the OP must be a man, though if that were the case there would have been no significance to the 29th of Feb, that being the day when WOMEN can propose, traditionally), but by the end it was all about Daisyslot.
    So, did nobody ever find out who lapis was, or did lapis become Daisyslot (which I doubt because I'm sure I have known Daisyslot for a long time on here, plus lapis did behave in a slightly trollish way)?
    You can tell it's summer, when else would anyone have the time or energy to trawl though a 3-year-old thread, click on the links and then harbour bemusement and confusement for 2 hours, and then compile a post about it??