1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What would you do in assembly if you had the guts?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by LapisLazuli, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Sadest thing is when you see late 30s slappers who've been slapping around for the past 20 years, and they wonder why no decent guys are interested in them.

2. The sadest ( sic ) thing is that you are off-topic...

3. Speaking from experience are we nat?

4. So horrific, why can't people keep their private life private?

5. Now that was brilliant! Left me with a smile...

(and a chuckle ;-)

6. how did the press know?

7. dande

dande New commenter

I married a few years ago. About 6 months after the wedding the photographer put the photo in the local paper. We knew she was planning this but didn't think much off it. However, we didn't know that the whole of Year 6 (125 kids) would all be using this paper in their English lessons the next day. I don't know who received the biggest shock, me, the kids or their English teachers.

This was bad enough. Imagine the proposal!!!

8. LapisLazuli wasn't the one that came out singing with her pupils in assembly - someone else has already admitted to being the lady.

Lapislazuli - are you the teacher with all the kids and their pieces of pink paper????

9. strange how Lapislazulli hasn't replied............he must have said 'no'.

10. oh god I hope not! Not in front of the school :S

11. Maybe they are out celebrating.

12. Phoenixchild

Phoenixchild Occasional commenter

sorry to agree with the majority in this case but totally cringeworthy, hope for op's sake things went well but do echo, from a personal point of view, sentiments of yuck! i don't think there's anything romantic about publicly asking someone to spend the rest of their life with you, what a very uncomfortable situation to be put in. however, that's my opinion, hope things worked out for the op if she went ahead with this.xx

still cringing though, sorry.

13. There is another thread PC where someone on here admits to it being them ... thought it was cool myself.

Check out Madenglishgirl's one.

14. Phoenixchild

hi mixu, will go look. i guess it's a personal thing, for me intimacy should be personal not public, and i know i would hate that kind of attention, still, each to their own.xx

:)

15. I could not have done what she did but good on her!

16. Phoenixchild

just seen meg's thread, very pleased for daisy, as i said each to their own.xx

:)

17. I agree!

18. i actually think its quite sweet and romantic!

*runs for cover*

Hope all went well xxx

19. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Wow... hadn't realised such debate was in progress....

Yeah sure making a proposal public isn't for everyone....

Does that mean all celebrity stories of such events, intimate or personal make you cringe too when you read 'Hello' magazine?

If I had made lots of money from selling the story would that make a difference....

Am genuinely interested in the debate :)

20. Phoenixchild

hi daisy, i expect it depends on the kind of people you are, *not person, both are involved*.

for what it's worth i do look at celebreties who sell rights to publicise their wedding and wonder what on earth possessed them. i know celebreties are in the public eye anyway but it's a private and personal thing. i'm not explaining myself very well, i guess you just have to know how publicity would work for you as a couple, you obviously made the right decision and good for you for having the courage to do it.xx