1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What would you do in assembly if you had the guts?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by LapisLazuli, Feb 23, 2008.

1. whistle4it

whistle4it New commenter

I don't think you should. Though I think some of the responses on here are bloody rude!

2. are you really a student though?

3. Oh god, not in a place of work, just read the OP. Keep your private and professional life seperate.

4. From what I have read (and I may have misunderstood, so please correct me if I am wrong) you are a child in a relationship with a teacher. Those around you at your boarding school have been supportive of this relationship and you intend to propose on Friday.

Apart from any issue about your age, situation can you not see that there are possible legal questions which your beloved may have to answer to?

Toe-knee- Hart, I did a search on Aber and I don't know if I have caused offence. My sincere apologies if I have.

5. If i had the guts though i would like to stand up and shout out, 'these are sh*te, i hate assemblies' And then walk out.

6. Oh god no, just read it is student to propose to teacher. Not sure what to say now, but he/she won't be saying yes though.

7. marsad, lol. No offence at all. I thought you were joking when you said you thought the OP was a pupil and the teacher was etc... etc...

Sorry, my mistake, it's just that Aber takes every post made by others deadly serious, even joke ones.

8. I'm sure it's not a student. I think that post was a sarcastic response. Doesn't work too well in type though.

9. whistle4it

whistle4it New commenter

47 | Posted by: LapisLazuli at 24 Feb 2008 19:32

I guess I am lucky.

I work in a school that I love with staff who are like family, and most weeks I cant believe i get paid to spend time with such spectacular people pupils and staff alike... perhaps this makes the situation a bit different for me.

So you are not a student then? I dont get this at all.

10. 57 | Posted by: gameplayer at 24 Feb 2008 19:47

Should also add
    It's the sort of cringeworthy, embarrassing thing love sick year 7s do NOT adults.

(Just had a thought are you a pupil?)

58 | Posted by: LapisLazuli at 24 Feb 2008 19:50

Um yes...

I am a pupil considering asking the history teacher. No? Yes? No?

See? Sarcasm. Really don't think the OP is a pupil. Best of luck to her, I say, but I know I'd hate it.

11. I would say the OP is a male too, if there are only two males at their place of work one the head and the other the caretaker and it is the History teacher they are going to propose to.

12. Darkness, I think the whole of that post about being a pupil and proposing to the history teacher is a joke, but it's confused a lot of people.

From what I gather, it's a female teacher, boyfriend has contacts with school and is well known there, teacher wants to propose in front of 65 kids in assembly.

13. Totally confused. It is like the lateral thinking problems I set the kids!

Thanks Toeknee, thought I'd gone too far with my wit and sarcasm.

14. LOL!

I'm pretty sure the 'student wanting to propose to history teacher' post was a joke.

15. Lol, no! haha

Now I'm confused. Aaaargh!

16. OP, I'd also think it's a bad idea for a male teacher to propose in assembly, if that's any consolation.

So many things that can go wrong.

17. jellytot24

jellytot24 New commenter

I'm totally confused. I know who LapisLazuli is and am completely thrown by all of this!

Or at least I thought I knew her........

18. I retract my earlier assertion. The description no longer fits. I couldn't believe that there would be two strange people prepared to do such a silly thing at the same time. It appears I am mistaken.

I have a colleague who is planning to do precisely the same thing...!

19. Wow and here was I thinking I was being original!

20. Well it would help if you got to the blimmin point. If you cannot say what you mean, then say nothing at all.

Was it a joke, i think so now. If not then i guess you are female, who wishes to propose in assembly where it is a close knit community/school etc.

Finally 11 pages later it may actually be clear people.