1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What would you be looking for...

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by suziQ, May 14, 2011.

1. Long-shot but fancy teaching in Dubai?! Desperately looking for a teacher of DT and some Art?! Starting in Sept?
    Tre x

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Sounds really fun! but my OH doesn't want to go abroad, hes a proper homebird [​IMG]
    Sure lots of people would jump at the chance though! x

3. What part of the country are you currently in?

4. littlemissraw

The north west x

5. Oh a bit far away from here then. Its a long commute to Hampshire!!

6. littlemissraw

Ooh if there's Geotecnnic jobs down there it would be considered [​IMG] lol

7. I am quite interested in the idea of Teaching in Dubai, would it cover my NQT year?
    Alex

8. littlemissraw

It wouldn't Alex. x

9. littlemissraw

So any ideas what I can do next now that the teaching hasn't worked out? I'm awaiting to see what hours (if any) I can have at Uni next year but should I carry on freelancing and try and win more clients or just try and go back into industry? Know its not really the forum but I know more of you over here... x

10. I am at a loss to understand why they did not snap you up! Your resources are excellent, have saved me many hours.Have inspired me!
    Don't give up teaching the education system needs inspiartional people like you!

11. littlemissraw

Thanks but my limit was 1 year out of work, I can't manage 2 without my OH deciding he wants someone who can pay their own way, lol. x

12. Bad timing :( Am looking now for next September though. Either Art or Primary (currently teaching Year 3, but have an art degree)