1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What would you appreciate as a small gift at Christmas?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pixiepretty, Dec 13, 2015.

1. pixiepretty

pixiepretty New commenter

As the HT I would like to buy a small gift for each member of staff. What would you appreciate? What would be really naff? Any creative ideas or thoughts appreciated?

Landofla likes this.
  2. Landofla

Landofla Established commenter

How nice of you! How much are you wanting to spend?

3. pixiepretty

pixiepretty New commenter

I think this would be a trinket - 5.00 - 10.00 max, though this could be spent as a whole for all staff. 14 staff in total.
    I just want to thank them for their hard work! We are a small school with a difficult history, it is important that staff feel valued - this is very much 'it's the thought that counts'.

4. Landofla

Landofla Established commenter

• Pay for caterers to do lunch
    • Amazon/Boots vouchers
    • Scented candles
    • Chocolates
    Those are my initial thoughts. I'm sure they'll be very appreciative of whatever you end up giving.

5. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Chocolates.
    Bottle of wine.
    Paid for lovely lunch on INSET days in Jan.
    NOT candles/toiletries/etc.

Does the staffroom need a new coffee machine?
    Small dishwasher?

I know you mean this kindly, but I'd be a bit freaked out getting my first ever individual Christmas present from my headteacher in 20 years of teaching.

6. Birdie64

Birdie64 Occasional commenter

Bottle of wine, scented candles, lunch out (good team builder), but absolutely nothing yo do with school!

7. jago123

jago123 Established commenter

A bottle of wine or chocolates.. It definitely goes a long way with colleagues that you have made the effort.

8. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Wine or chocolates. A quick email would enable you to establish which each staff member would prefer. How thoughtful of you.

Or a staff Christmas lunch. Maybe a bit late in the year now but get caterers to put a decent spread on in the staffroom one lunchtime in the weel before Christmas. Maybe next year. Or for the next INSET as suggested above.

9. owltutors1

owltutors1 Occasional commenter

My favourite present was a wine glass which had my name written on it with a glitter pen. I still use it three years later - although the wine and chocolates it was filled with are long gone! A lovely personal present with thought

10. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

A card with a personal thank you note inside would make me feel more valued than a generic bottle of wine or box of chocolates (although I wouldn't say no to some chocolates to go along with the card)! Just something simple, but heartfelt, about how much you appreciate me and my work.