1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What would you advise? Journey story

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by tinzel, May 21, 2011.

1. Hi,
    If you were planning on telling a story to a group of children in a special school who you hadn't met before that was a journey sensory story like we're going on a bear hunt with lots of props for each part of the story. Would you advise having stations set up for each part of the story and asking the children to move round or keeping everything in one place and having to spend time swapping and changing round the resources. Also worried about the children messing around with bits from other parts of the story. I'm tempted to set things up in different stations and move round with the story. Problem is I only know it's a small group not sure how many, no clue of ages just levels. What do you think?
    Thanks

2. Check out the Greenside School sensory stories about a journey to China/India and Japan. they are great! I have done them with a group of ambulant and wheelchair using pupils with PMLD.