1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what will I be paid?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by quietly_waiting, Jun 21, 2012.

1. I start my first
    ever permanent position on Monday, in which I will go on the school's roll -
    not paid by an agency. Does anyone know the cut off for being paid in July?
    Would it be a month in advance or 2 weeks?

<font size="2">Just so I can have a rough idea of what my pay packet might be in
    July!</font>

<font size="2">cheers</font>

2. It varies depending on the LA or academy. You would get more information if you rang HR or payroll.

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

As you are starting in June, there should be plenty of time to set you up on payroll for whenever your LA pays salaries towards the end of July.
    If you've had any employment since 6th April 2012, give your new employer your P45 from a past employer a.s.a.p so that your tax position can be on the right footing from your first pay.
    If you haven't worked so far in this tax year, make sure that you fill ina P46 from your new employer a.s.a.p, ticking thnat this is your first employment of the tax year. That will trigger you getting the benefit of your unused tax allowance for April, May and June as well as your end of June and all of July tax allowance, vastly reducing the tax you will pay on your July pay and possibly even meaning no tax deducted in July and reduced tax in August.
    Salaries/HR at the LA will tell you when they make monthly payments to employees.