1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What way to plan "Ourselves" cross curricular topic? Help please!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Poppychick, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Poppychick

Poppychick New commenter

I teach Y1 and am going 'topic based' this September. I have had lots of ideas for the Ourselves topic but not sure how to write them down??

Would any kind person be willing to email me a copy of the topic web or medium term plan along with weekly plans taken from it??

It would be such a useful starting point for me, this could be for any topic as I just need a template type but Ourselves would be ideal.

Thanks in advance I'm struggling for motivation too can anyone email me some??

2. Poppychick

Poppychick New commenter

Please can someone help??

3. Hiya I did this topic last term as we have early transition so I could prob send you all my stuff, but I have all the topic plans on my usb at my mums house, but if you want I could get and post them on the thread tomorrow.
    Has just general activity ideas such as :
    *Painting themselves
    *making movable bodies with split pins
    *drawing around themselves and comparing with class mates, who is the tallest shortest etc.
    *circle time with rules on how to care for each other
    *who lives in our house activities

etc etc. Any use??

4. Poppychick

Poppychick New commenter

Thanks pinklaydee. It will be really useful to see how you've set out the termly overview and weekly plans so I have a starting point.

I'll check in tomorrow.

5. Have you got an email address?

6. Poppychick

Poppychick New commenter

7. I got lots of useful ideas from the resource bank, not sure if i typed in ourselves or all about me.

8. Pinklaydee!
    Would you mind sending me the planning overview for ourselves too? I am in Reception (so might be different) I am not too bad for general ideas, but struggling to work out the format in my head as the teacher before me always had mixed R/Yr1 so her planning format doesnt make sense for the early years.
    Thanks in advance
    adeleprimaryteacher@yahoo.co.uk

9. Yep will do adele, sometime tommorrow. I am Nursery but tend to cross over with R so it will prob be more suited to your age range.

10. Hi pinklady would you mind sending me a copy of all your 'ourselves' planning. I'm in the same boat - moving towards topic planning and have just finished my nqt year so I'm a bit apprehensive about it. x
    AimeeEdwards08@aol.com

11. sorry to be a pain but im an nqt doin this topic too across foundation stage and year one so would love some ideas please.
    cat_f_28@hotmail.com
    thank you xx

12. Hi everyone I have been a bit manic this week trying to make a start on the children's profiles but I promise to email everyone tommorrow.
    I will just forward on whatever 'ourselves' stuff I can find and I hope this will be ok!!

13. Msz

Msz Established commenter

14. Msz

Msz Established commenter

15. Poppychick

Poppychick New commenter

Thanks for those Msz. I'd still really like to see the format please when you have a moment pinklaydee. Thanks in advance.

16. You should all have mail soon x

17. Thank you x

18. Just an idea but check if YR not done the same topic, its very popular in early years, they might have done it in last 2y of nursery and reception!!

19. helskie26

helskie26 New commenter