1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What was your favourite gift today?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Flere-Imsaho, Dec 25, 2015.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

A smile and a thank you from my Mum.

2. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

Mum straightening up and smiling when she saw her great grandson, followed by calendar with pictures of gransdon in each month and a plaque with a hand print and foot print of grandson.

Lalad, lindenlea and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  3. 25975

25975 New commenter

I got am MX5.

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Me too me too me too!!!! Isn't it a beautifully produced book with its blue cloth cover and marker ribbon. sat up in bed reading it last night. I always love the presents from son2.

I'm also very pleased with my Robert Welch cutlery. i chose the Arden range and will build up a collection but had enough to use for lunch

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Ooh that's exciting @lindenlea I didn't know there were Kitchen Diaries 2 and 3 - someone gave me the first one a few years ago and I love just touching it, never mind actually reading it! *Makes mental note to google the other two after lunch...

Valentina by Valentino is a lovely perfume too @ValentinoRosssi.

Happy Christmas @katycustard - it's been ages!

I always feel blessed at Christmas as I can never think of anything I desperately want or need so I love all the thoughtful little gifts my children and friends come up with! The set of miniature Yankee candles is sweet and I really like 'proper' coffee, so the Whittard Coffees of the World Collection will keep me going for a while - but best of all was having three of my four children home and seeing them happy.
    Lal x

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Love the look of that cutlery lindenlea. It looks elegant but 'heavy' enough to last (I hate that cutlery which with the slightest hard pressure makes it bend;))

lindenlea likes this.
  7. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

definitely good Lalad [​IMG]

lindenlea likes this.
  8. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Horror make-up from my child. Before Christmas, I'd told her the sob-story of how I'd asked Santa for it three years in a row but my mum said it was a waste of money. I thought it was a very thoughtful gift idea from a six year old.

9. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Did you use it yesterday? I'm imagining a zombie Christmas dinner in the Coffeekid household!

10. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Ha, no. I'll save it for next Hallowe'en.

11. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Younger girl has bought me beautiful Baltic amber earrings and pendant.... it has all the shares of amber... butterscotch (which I lobe) green, and the usual 2 shades of brown :) There was also a silk scarf from travels toThailand, a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape, and Jo Malone range of 5 perfumes :) Oh and £70+ of speciality cheeses! Oh how will I prepare to see the knee dr in mid Jan ???

12. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I got a Japanese cooking knife in damask steel from eldest son, though a better present was having him back from Japan for Christmas, he wasn't here last year.

Another good/awful/weird present from him was a whole bright red candied squid on a stick, about 6" long that is eaten as a sweet, it's still in its packet.

13. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

Sounds like a disease.

ValentinoRossi likes this.