1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What was your favourite gift today?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Flere-Imsaho, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Either given or received?

Nobody else is up yet or I would start.
    :(

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

The Daughter-Beast is yet to emerge from her lair so ... no gifts yet.

She'll spend an hour alone taming the frizz.

3. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

A rather nice bottle of whisky.

4. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

Waiting for my son to get up but the youngest ones have ransacked their stockings. This is the present that has gone down best so far.
    [​IMG]

Dragonlady30 and Lascarina like this.
  5. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

2 cups of tea in bed this morning, with time to drink them while they were still hot. The house is full of teenage and adult children, but only only my husband and I are awake!

Lascarina and RedQuilt like this.
  6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Whilst husband is over next door doing his 'care duties' for his parents, veg all prepared and just waiting thought I'd have a quick look on here.

Having opened some presents yesterday (Holy Night) for son and wife I can say I've had wonderful presents from son and new daughter-in-law.
    A wedding album of their wedding plus a 'sepia' photograph of in her words 'your gorgeous son' and for me personally some Charlie perfume and a rust coloured, silk blouse.:D I've been trying to find a rust blouse for about 4 years- it's just not been a fashionable colour!:(

Husband was give a Tearfund gift for a farm in Africa which is what he always prefers, rather than something personal which he'd never use.(Plus it's his birthday early January for which we have also to think of something.;))

All in all present-wise a good Christmas so far. Though today with elderly in-laws promises to be 'challenging'.;)

Waves at katycustard, lanokia, Didactylos4 and RedQuilt.:)

katycustard, bombaysapphire and rouxx like this.
  7. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Ooh hello Katy - Long time no see! Happy Christmas to you and your family.We haven't opened our present yet
    We usually buy a charity gift for each other and I am hoping to get a portable water trough for working donkeys from the Brooke donkey charity.

katycustard and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  8. lou5357

lou5357 New commenter

We do Xmas German-style so I had all mine after dinner yesterday evening. My best present was from my eldest son, who'd put a collection of photos of my old Malamute to dvd (sadly put to sleep two Decembers ago) to the song 'Photograph'...it made me cry a little. I think he said he'd put it on Youtube later on. (-:

Lascarina and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  9. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

I lovely cardigan, knitted for me by my equally lovely wife!

10. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Red Quilt, that brought back memories! Farver C brought me one of those when I was about 7! Happy days!:)

11. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

My presents were all lovely!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  12. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I must've been about the same age when I got mine. I couldn't resist buying one when I saw it recently.

Lara mfl 05 and Lascarina like this.
  13. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I remember how delighted my dad was when he saw me with it. He would be 111 now! It's making me quite teary!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  14. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Love this, Lara! xx

15. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

16. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I already knew about my favourite gift which is a butchery skills course that my husband has booked for me in March. Otherwise I was very pleased with the new Adele album and a bottle of cassis from local blackcurrants. I will add some to my prosecco later!

sabrinakat likes this.
  17. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

18. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

Nigel Slater Kitchen Diaries 3...joy, joy, joy

bombaysapphire and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  19. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

An Aromatherapy massage at a salon in Alfriston, from o/h!

bombaysapphire likes this.
  20. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I've been given really lovely things by my children and they've obviously put a lot of thought into what they've got. I'm very lucky to have such kind children :)

bombaysapphire and Lara mfl 05 like this.