1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What was the last 'fluffy' thing you bought?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Oct 25, 2015.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

In order to restore a little more 'fluffiness' to Personal, what was the last 'fluffy' thing you bought?
    Here in Belle Towers it was two cushions (fluffy in a furry kind of way) and new fluffy towels for one of the guest rooms we are redecorating.
    Anyone else bought anything fluffy? Sweater, kitten, feather boa?

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

And back to the rugger........................................

3. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I bought a lovely fluffy pack of cotton wool to bathe my blepharitis with.

BelleDuJour likes this.
  4. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

My little whippet cross Moneypenny. She is from a rescue so we didn't pay for her as such but we had to give a donation. She is a destructive wee Madam. Since having her we have had to replace a kindle, two sets of bed spreads and my knee is still recovering from her breaking it 8 weeks ago.

BelleDuJour likes this.
  5. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Is that Moneypenny? Your avatar? @bombaysapphire
    Hmm, fluffy.

Not these but this make.
    Slippers. [​IMG]

6. bombaysapphire

@grumpydogwoman my avatar is M. He is the fluffiest of my three dogs. He has soft, thick fur like an angora rabbit.

7. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

M. What's the third? Bond?

8. bombaysapphire

9. BobbyPhilips

BobbyPhilips Established commenter

A rabbit for a casserole.

magic surf bus likes this.
  10. Rhoswen77

Rhoswen77 Established commenter

A grey furry cushion from John Lewis. I am thinking about winter cushions atm.

11. Rhoswen77

The fur is faux. No rabbit has been harmed in the making of that cushion.

BelleDuJour likes this.
  12. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

A lovely set of multicolored, narrowly striped towels from Habitat. Trying to introduce some warm colours into the bathrooms for winter.

13. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

They make excellent eating. I have no idea why they are so hard to come by in supermarkets, since they're hardly that scarce and easily farmed.

14. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

Fluffy little rattly rabbit for new grand-daughter.
    Edited: I'm sure she'll try to eat it in due course.

Rhoswen77 likes this.
  15. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I bought two bunches of flowers today. To be more truthful, I paid for them after my sweetheart had added them to the trolley.

If there's anything I've learned about going shopping with her, it's to let her go on ahead and do her stuff, then catch up with a basket containing the things I think we need.

I'm pretty sure that whoever it is that lays supermarkets out is studying a course for marriage guidance and will be watching videos of couples as they shop to see how they cope with adversity. That's why the first thing you encounter when entering a supermarket is the flower stall.

The flowers go into the trolley first and become a source of disagreement for the remainder of the shop. You just try getting a crate of beer into the trolley without crushing the blooms. How bleedin' sensible is it to have flower by the entrance and beer at the other end of the store?

BelleDuJour likes this.
  16. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

Kirkstall Morrisons manages to put the flowers by the door, so you can either curry favour or reward patience as the necessity dictates.

17. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

We got some soft fruit the other week that was on its last day of shelf life, by the time we opened them there were a few that had mould on.

Is that what you mean?

BelleDuJour and Rhoswen77 like this.
  18. Rhoswen77

I like your different slant on this, BP...

19. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I bought a fluffy bumble bee for the very smallest cub. It's bright yellow and stripy and very soft. I bought him a very fluffy sheep too.

I've ordered some fluffy Bergere de France wool and I intend to knit cushions for winter.

20. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Concerned that our twenty year old moggy might feel the winter chills this year we bought her one of those fleecy igloo things with a nice soft cushion inside to sleep on.

She hates it. Won't go near it. Maybe she's fluffy enough.