1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What video resources would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by dougleman, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am in the process of getting yr13 students to make video tutorials/resources and wondered what would be useful for everyone out there? Please go to:
    http://swanwickhallmedia.weebly.com/interactive.html
    to vote or leave a message below. The site is getting plenty of traffic from TES so thank you to everyone who has visited so far - I'd really like to get some resources on their that you would find helpful in the classroom. If anyone wants to link up and showcase their work on my site I can create new pages to accomodate.
    Cheers
    Doug

2. Montages of genre conventions would be good - horror, action adventure etc. I would love to have at the moment something that shows the characteristics of heroes and villains in a succinct way. Would be great for revision too.
    Montages of representation - positive and negative for different social groups like in the OCR AS exam, or in music videos, for example, of gender.
    Videos that show the technical textual analysis aspects - all the shot types etc but particularly sound and editing seeing as we're all so poor at it apparently!
    Hope that helps.

3. I would appreciate something about script writing/ writing for the screen.
    A video tutorial on media representation, camera shots/angles would also
    be useful.