1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to wear when visiting a school pre interview.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by pastychucker, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Ho hum...

2. Sorry - typed longer reply but it disappeared.
    I have 1 suit - smart but fairly old. I intend buying a new suit - as if I am lucky enough to get through to the second day I want a second suit to wear. I don't want to wear the same suit 2 days running. But if I wear the old suit on the previsit then I will have to wear the old suit again at one of the 2 days. Any further thoughts?

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Can you wear a different scarf/blouse/tights with it so although it's still a grey suit (for example) it's now with deep pink instead of pretty blue?

4. Lilachardy - you are a genius. Thank you.

5. lilachardy

It's due to being brought up in SE Cornwall.

6. Of course!

7. What do you think about a red blouse with a black suit?

8. lilachardy

Depends on your colouring, and I don't remember how you look well enough to comment really!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'd be going from work so they would see me in work clothes. Of course, each school has different standards of work clothes. Our school's current theme seems to be boots, leggings, tunics and scarves.

10. okey dokey

11. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Wear a colour that makes you feel confident.
    I once went for a colour me beautiful consultation - found out that red (a blue/red shade) is my confidence colour so I would choose that - might not be the same for you though!

12. Thank you for your thoughts.

13. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Dpn't forget the thong!!

14. Mmmm...so I need a thong and a wonderbra. Must go shopping tomorrow. Maybe I will drop into Ann Summers on the way home tomorrow.

15. Skirt suit or trouser suit?