1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to wear to a PGCE interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by best75, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    It's obviously better to look smart and like you made the effort. I'm female and I wore a grey trouser suit to my interview, and so did quite a few other people. Some didn't, but they didn't get through anyway.

2. Hi, I had an interview today and there was a mix, there was a couple of guys and girls dressed very smartly in suits and then others dressed very smartly in smart trousers/skirt, shirt and cardigans. I think all of the men had shirts and ties on.

I wore smart trousers with a shirt and cardigan.

3. I wore a smart but fashionable suit with a ruffled blouse to show my personality, and definitely flat shoes! Take a big bag you can fit all your info in! Lou x

4. Treat it just as you would a job interview for a teaching post, and dress accordingly. First impressions count.

5. Yeah fully agree, will definetly wear the suit!

6. Would black trousers and a smart blouse be OK for the interview?

7. Yes that is fine to wear for an interview.
    When I went for my interview most people were wearing black trousers and shirts/blouses.
    Good luck

8. Ditto!