1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WHAT TO WEAR FOR A SECONDARY PGCE INTERVIEW

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by amy_m_wright, Dec 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. amy_m_wright

amy_m_wright New commenter

I have bought a nice black suit (jacket and skirt) and have a blouse to wear with it, my question is can you wear heels to a pgce interview or is that too much?

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

I would focus more upon what you are going to say at interview and your subject knowledge

Stiltskin likes this.
  3. DerbyshireLad

DerbyshireLad New commenter

I'm afraid I can't really give specific advice on heels... But the general rule in all the schools I've been in is that if you would wear it in an office, it's probably appropriate for school. Usually suits for the men, a bit more flexibility for women. And in the school where I've just finished my first placement, some women wear heels, lots don't.

And, of course, for an interview it's usually better to dress too formal than too casual.

I hope the interview goes/went well!

pepper5 likes this.