1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to tell school about first appointment/scan?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Pooh_1, May 23, 2012.

1. Hi all, my first booking appointment with the midwife and first scan are both coming up really soon and I need to let my school know so I can have the time off (2 days).

Problem is that I don't want to let work know about my pregnancy until AFTER my first scan, where hopefully everything will be confirmed ok. Could someone advise me on what I can tell them please? I am worried because they generally don't allow staff to have time off during the school day for routine appointments etc.

2. Hi all, my first booking appointment with the midwife and first scan are both coming up really soon and I need to let my school know so I can have the time off (2 days).

Problem is that I don't want to let work know about my pregnancy until AFTER my first scan, where hopefully everything will be confirmed ok. Could someone advise me on what I can tell them please? I am worried because they generally don't allow staff to have time off during the school day for routine appointments etc.

3. Hi Pooh 1
    It's none of your school's business what your appointments are for! I have my booking in appt next week and I have just emailed the VP stating that I have a hospital appointment and when I need cover etc. He replied straight away saying 'ok'! You are allowed out of school for hospital appointments - they are not appts you can pick and choose like dentist/doc/hairdresser(!), you have to take what you are given with hospital appts!
    Imagine if you had a different medical issue/health problem - something personal you did not want people to know about - you certainly wouldn't tell them any details then.
    You tell them when YOU decide [​IMG]
    missmarm x