1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to take to an interview

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by charmw, Feb 6, 2012.

1. charmw

charmw New commenter

I have an interview tomorrow for a school from Qatar, I have asked them if I need to bring anything and they said I didn't. Just wondering if anyone would advise taking anything in particular along?
    Thanks

2. PuRe

PuRe Occasional commenter

your teaching portfolio

3. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

The great and good Harry Deelman, of Search Associates and trouser-lending fame, was a fan of teaching portfolios. I have written about this topic several times, so perhaps the OP should do something strange and technical called a "search".

4. percy topliss

percy topliss Occasional commenter

But then of course the OP has already contacted her interviewers to be and been told that there is no need to bring anything, whyfore then is this person even wasting time in asking redundant questions?
    Mind you it does give those from Shanghai another blank canvas to repeat what has been known by many experienced overseas teachers since at least 2004......
    Pip,
    Perce

5. Syria1

Syria1 New commenter

A folder with examples of student work, classroom displays or any press articles. One candidate had put together a power-point presentation on different lessons he had taught; another had a number of slides on student art work. That makes it all come to life and allows you to lead during some of the interview as you can demonstrate your suitability for the post.