1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to study to further teaching career while still teaching?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by timot1994, Feb 6, 2020.

1. timot1994

timot1994 New commenter

Hi there,

So I am a teacher at an international school in Asia. I hold a Bachelor's degree in English and Politics and I have my TEFL. I would like to know what I could study while simultaneously still working that would further my career in the education industry? I have read mixed reviews on PGCEi's and haven't seen anything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Lucas95

Lucas95 New commenter

You might be better posting on the teaching abroad forum, particularly if you wish to remain in Asia. If you want to stay in schools and look for a better job in International Schools then a PGCEi would be a good idea, particularly a good one which leads straight onto a Master's if you are looking for a higher grade, better paid or higher tier school. You can do both whilst in Asia. Depends on where in the world you aim to be in 3 to 4 years time.

3. timot1994

timot1994 New commenter

Thanks!