1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what to set the summer before reception chn start?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by u0352985, Jun 8, 2011.

1. please can you advise me what you set the new reception chn to do during the summer before they start in sept to maintain some sort of contact between sch and hme.. the only thing i can think of is some sort of 'all about me' booklet that chn can mark make in, stick photos of hme pets, days out etc which they can bring in to school and share with others in the class. is this a good idea or is it too much to ask? im new to EYFS in sept so unsure and would appreciate some advise from you who know.

2. Some of the schools near me give each child a shoebox. They ask the children, with their parents, to fill it with treasure - either things from their holidays, eg shells, postcards, or things about themselves, eg photos, favourite toys.

The teacher then has a starting point for their 'All About Me' topic in September.

3. great help thank you