1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to expect from nursery

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by daviedog, May 7, 2012.

1. My daughter is 3 in Sept and attending nursery for two sessions a week. She has been diagnosed with dyspraxia and verbal dyspraxia and now I am wondering whether I should ask for help in nursery and what help I should be asking for. I am concerned that we will have a battle to get a statement for her when she starts school so I want to get the ball rolling now, but no idea where to start. Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

2. My daughter is 3 in Sept and attending nursery for two sessions a week. She has been diagnosed with dyspraxia and verbal dyspraxia and now I am wondering whether I should ask for help in nursery and what help I should be asking for. I am concerned that we will have a battle to get a statement for her when she starts school so I want to get the ball rolling now, but no idea where to start. Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

3. My son was diagnosed with dyspraxia when he had started in reception. At nursery he had one to one help for devoping his speech which was delayed and processing language. He had small group work for social skills. It depends on your child's needs I think.

4. Who made the diagnosis?