1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to expect at GTP English interview?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by b15b2y, Jan 24, 2011.

1. b15b2y

b15b2y New commenter

Hi All
    I'm doing some last minute research for a friend as she has stressing a bit. What questions should be expected on the University GTP for Secondary English? I took the PGCE route myself and have advised reading up fully in ECM and AFL, but wondered if anyone has any advice specific to this?
    Any help would be much appreciated!

2. b15b2y

b15b2y New commenter

Hi All
    I'm doing some last minute research for a friend as she has stressing a bit. What questions should be expected on the University GTP for Secondary English? I took the PGCE route myself and have advised reading up fully in ECM and AFL, but wondered if anyone has any advice specific to this?
    Any help would be much appreciated!

3. j_pink

j_pink New commenter

Hi, I was just asked about my experience working in inclusion (teaching one-to-one Englsih) and my knowledge of KS3 and KS4. I was honest and said I was confident teaching AQA GCSE English but less confident with the content of KS3. I explained what my style of teaching was like and how I liked to be creative using a few examples of pupil's that I have had successes with.
    Also go armed with some passion and enthusiasm; favourite authors, current popular fiction etc.
    I was also asked why I wanted to enter the Teaching world!