1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to expect at a FE interview?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Georgia99, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

I have a FE interview for a lecturer post and have no idea what I should prepare in comparison to a school job.

I don't have to teach a micro lesson. My letter states I will take part in group activities and then there will be a cut for people to go through to be interviewed.

If anyone can offer any advice on what I could read up on or plan etc then I would be eternally grateful!!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hate to say this, but your guess is as good as mine!
    They are saying so little . . .
    I suppose that the post also includes tutoring a group?
    So you might get:
    • marking a piece of work
    • planning a unit for your subject
    • writing a report
    • looking at a list of marks for an assessment and identifying who needs what support
    • a case study of a student with problems
    • a role-play of a staff meeting to look at some of above
    Make sure that you read the Interview clickables that are in the Welcome thread at the top of the page - they give general interview tips, as does the thread with Middlemarsh's excellent tip on mind maps:
    Dear Theo and all- Get to the interview, but nerves always get the better of me. What to do?
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

3. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

Thank you Theo, that is a great help! They really aren't giving anything away in the letter as you said.
    It would be so great to get a permanent post and the college is rated really highly as an employer so I am very keen to impress. I will let everyone know how I get on.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

[​IMG]
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars