1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to do?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by dinge, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Help. Really do not like the school I am in. Have been here now for 7 years and want to get out. Its all to do with the children. At the moment there is no jobs out there and so am considering going part time to save my sanity and in the darkest times considered quitting altogther and doing supply! What to do? Has anyone been in a similar situation?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh dinge, just a big hug.[​IMG]
    If part-time is a possibility, it might gve you some space and distance to review your situation.
    Personally I would advise extreme caution when considering supply. It is no longer a viable option in many areas, if one needs a regular dependable income. If there's not many jobs in your area that suggests this may be the same with supply.
    I really do think you need to share your concerns with someone in the management team. If they're feeling the same it will provide some solidarity and, you never know, you might be able to implement some measures to conquer these problems. All SMT have a duty of care to their staff and I'm sure will want to help you overcome whatever problems you may be experiencing. Remember it will benefit pupils and the school too!