1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to do with Nursery!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by viksy86, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Hi
    I'm looking for some more ideas! I'm starting in Nursery from September and we have a group of children (some different children each day) about 15-20 that are full time within the nursery. After lunch the FS Manager has asked if we could do something with the full time nursery children in a small group whilst the afternoon children will be coming into class and settling in choosing/ greeting with parents for the first half hour.
    So far my ideas have been: speaking and listening activities with beetbaby, parachute games.
    I want something different from the normal school day as a treat due to the long day they will be having.
    V x

2. To keep children happy and engaged in a group for half an hour I would vary the activity as much as possible. For instance, have a story followed by wake up shake up, or action songs followed by game of apple pie. Alternatively, could you give them free play outside while the other children settle inside?