1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to do with numicon?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rainbowdrop86, Jul 22, 2011.

1. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Looked at the resources in my new classroom today and have got some numicon shapes. Ive never used these before and havent got a clue what to do with them!!! Any suggestions would be really grateful

2. Oh thanks for that I'm going on a Numicon course in September! Very useful thanks

3. I love Numicon and wish I had more. They are great as a visual representation for each number, for 'seeing' number bonds and generally as a support for children. I have some in baskets on tables so children can use them as they wish.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

We have a whole series of numicon lessons with our kits. Our school loves them. Very visual. Great for bond, explaining addition, subtraction - well everything really.

5. The National Numeracy Strategy for Cumbria had a document called "100 things to do with Numicon" on their site.

If you can't find it I have an electronic copy I could email you.

6. Hi,

I've just seen your comment and wondered if I could be cheeky and ask you to email this to me too?
    My address is lisalisaevans@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks in advance.
    Lisa

7. Hopefully, you have mail.

8. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

Thanks for the link - that's really useful.