1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to do with my date ...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sirfeb2012, Mar 7, 2012.

1. There is lovely 26 year old lady am to take out. I have known her for the past 8 years. But we have been together ON OUR OWN once for around an hour when she offered me a lift to Stansted airport, 3 years ago.
    Throughout the 8 years, we could phone, text, email, facebook and chat with each other at church functions. We both had partners and we were aware of this throughout our friendship. Now that we both are single ... I think a chance has presented itself for me to scoop her ... I really want her to be mine.
    She accepted to go along with me to watch Arsenal v Aston Villa match on 24th March GREAT but the problem is I had initially asked to meet her on 12th thinking we could go together to watch Arsenal v Newcastle unfortunately I can't get another ticket for her.
    What adventurous things can we do on our 12th meeting in London before I go and watch Arsenal v Newcastle 7pm match on my own ?

Was thinking of going to Chinatown 'to extract the soft flesh from the the crab shells' - toolbox or kit. Is that fun enough?

2. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Do Arsenal tickets only attract the cost of a cheap motel now?
    I think you should do what the chap in this story did...
    A man had a date with a dolly bird and took her shopping. They passed a furrier's so he took her in and had her try on a mink coat which made her look like a million dollars. He gave the shopkeeper a cheque and said he'd pick it up after the cheque had cleared.
    The next week he was passing the shop when the owner rushed out and told him the cheque had been returned unpaid. "That's ok," said the man "Keep the coat. I've had the best weekend of my life I'm ever likely to have with her now anyway."

3. Lol..it was a diamond ring when I heard it. :¬))

4. I was factoring in the cost of a replica shirt for her to get him going ha ha

5. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

There's a kindness you get from TES posters you don't see on other forums when people post jokes. Typically, they say something like "Oh yeah, I read that in the translation of the hieroglyphics from Tutankhamun's tomb."

6. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Eight years? I really think you should slow down before you overwhelm her with this whirlwind romance.

7. :)

"... I think a chance has presented itself for me to scoop her ... I really want her to be mine."

Are you serious? SCOOP?
    This is International Women's Day and the woman with whom you are besotted is not an ice cream.

8. Was facebook invented 8 years ago?

Ditch the football and book 2 tickets for the Opera.

Forget the crabs.

9. ooh no not opera (unless you know she loves opera) - I hate opera and would be very put off someone who took me on a first date.

10. Couldn't agree more. And when I was 26 and quite a bit lovelier than I am now, even more so.