1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to do with cat-food boxes....

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by giraffe77, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Hi there, Since the summer, I have been collecting cat-food boxes (the boxes that have 12 pouches in them, and are about 8" long x 4" wide x 6" high. I am planning a dinosaur/fire and ice topic for next half-term, and I was wondering if someone might have an idea of what I can do with them...I was thinking dinosaur habitats, but wondered if they would be too small and fiddly?!? Please help, confuddled pre-Christmas brain!

2. Hi there, Since the summer, I have been collecting cat-food boxes (the boxes that have 12 pouches in them, and are about 8" long x 4" wide x 6" high. I am planning a dinosaur/fire and ice topic for next half-term, and I was wondering if someone might have an idea of what I can do with them...I was thinking dinosaur habitats, but wondered if they would be too small and fiddly?!? Please help, confuddled pre-Christmas brain!

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Nothing to do with dinosaurs but I have cut some of them diagonally down the side and they are just the right size for the Stage 1+ Floppy's Phonics books I keep in my cupboard. Strangely the Stage 2 and above are slightly bigger and don't fit.

4. Hi
    We use these boxes at the beginnng of every year, the children decorate a box when they come to visit us with their parents, they then take them home and bring them every day for the first week with something from home inside. We call them Welcome boxes and it works really well. Does take up a whole shelf in my cupboard collecting them each year tho!