1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to do re anxiety and work

Discussion in 'Personal' started by grundy1, Jun 21, 2016.

1. grundy1

grundy1 New commenter

Wonder if anyone out there could help. I've recently come back to work after 13 weeks due to anxiety, stress and panic artacks. As I arrived back the dreaded phone call, luckily was allowed not to be there as phased return but we got a dreadful result and now we all told that will be no let up at all. Frankly I'm not sure if I can cope with the scrutiny going to be under plus all the visits from hmi or lea .
    I can't really afford to leave so am now stressing massively as to if can cope. I'm frightened that my health is going to suffer.

2. hasslethehog

hasslethehog New commenter

Sounds like you're being protected from it all at the moment. You can have phased return extended if you need to to cover yourself and ensure you won't be expected to fulfil things to do with an inspection which may contribute to your anxiety etc..

In the meantime (and indeed in general) you must continue to put yourself first. Remember, you can't pour from an empty cup.

Take care.