1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to do now

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by artmad1, Feb 10, 2019.

1. artmad1

artmad1 New commenter

Well, i’v Posted here before about my problems. Have been put on informal capability proceedings by HoD on what is a trumped up charge but line manager above them is guillible innocent and all too ready to believe HoD.
    Looking at School’s policy it refers to this procedure as being supportive which it is not. Every meeting becomes a diatribe about my supposed shortcomings which I have on all occasions been able to refute. Am puzzled as to go forward. Can I complain to HR that policies are not been followed or should I just give up and leave?

2. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Contact your union at regional level immediately.
    They will support you.
    Good luck as I know how distressing this must be for you.

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I was under the impression capability needs to come from the head, not a HOD.
    What does your union say?

4. install

install Star commenter

1 Union

2 Your hod does not have power to.put you on informal capability..Check this. Have you had an 'informal' letter ?

3 Is there someone you trust that you can talk to? Have as a witness?

4 Request Policies on - Misconduct Procedures / Equality / Bullying and Harassment

5 Request to see the.file on you since you started

6 Email requests to hr / ht

7 Are you being stitched up ? Is any of this 'capability' written anywhere ? Are your meetings minuted?

8 Keep doing your job as best as you can.

9.Have you had any warnings before?Is there a personality clash?

10 See gp if this is stressful​

Good luck.

5. laurelandhardylive

laurelandhardylive New commenter

Ten months ago. In exactly the same position. Supportive process was a term I came to despise as it was anything but.

I was put on informal support, passed it and was then moved onto a teacher experiencing difficulty procedure.

They never wanted me to pass and almost a year later im cut loose.

My crime? Top of scale and UPS3, plus continued to be outspoken to the MAT mafia.

Take notes, minute everything and put in a foi for any emails etc concerning you.

I got so much evidence that way and at least I left with £££. Union said I had the best evidenced case for bullying and victimisation, but still didn't want to fight it , so I settled .

Profession is in crisis because of the mat system and fools in charge of
    it.

Good.luck.

JohnJCazorla, artmad1 and bajan like this.
  6. Presleygirl

Presleygirl Occasional commenter

Union and then doctor.
    It is not a process you want to start

artmad1, install and agathamorse like this.
  7. artmad1

artmad1 New commenter

Thank you all for your advice and support. What have we come to as a so called profession that do many undergo this type of bullying? At least I now feel I have good advice and can begin to plan my response.

JohnJCazorla and agathamorse like this.
  8. livingstone83

livingstone83 Occasional commenter

'As supportive as a noose around a hanging man's neck', as my Divisional Secretary used to say.

If you have means to leave your current place of work, I'd probably say that's your best option. I don't know what it is about teachers, but we seem to suffer from a terrible amount of inertia.
    I've seen lots of teachers treated poorly, put on support plans, bullied out of the workplace - only for them to be extremely well-respected at other schools... They all wished they'd gone sooner.