1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to do in ICT?!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by gsm1380, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Hi there,

I've been put in charge of looking at units of work in ICT in our Junior School. We're finding that even if children come in to Y3 with little skills and knowledge, they can achieve lots in term sof skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc. in just one year!

<br.
    The problem is, I'm no ICT expert, I would really liek to know any ideas for work in lower and upper KS2 as I have to have planning and everything ready to go for January! Basically I think the Head doesn't really know what we should be doing in ICT, and the problem is that I don't either really! If anyone has any suggestions then they would be very welcome! :)

2. Hi there,

I've been put in charge of looking at units of work in ICT in our Junior School. We're finding that even if children come in to Y3 with little skills and knowledge, they can achieve lots in term sof skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc. in just one year!

<br.
    The problem is, I'm no ICT expert, I would really liek to know any ideas for work in lower and upper KS2 as I have to have planning and everything ready to go for January! Basically I think the Head doesn't really know what we should be doing in ICT, and the problem is that I don't either really! If anyone has any suggestions then they would be very welcome! :)