1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to do after teaching?

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by chickenlady19, Jan 15, 2017.

1. chickenlady19

chickenlady19 New commenter

I posted a little while ago asking about peoples experiences of teaching in Early Years and if I was the only one finding it so stressful and unsustainable. Thank you to those that were kind enough to reply :)
    I have since handed in my letter of resignation due to ill health as well as simply not being able to work any less hours with the work load constantly increasing.
    So I am now wondering what to do next after I have rested and recovered. I love animals and Art and do love working with children but have no idea where to go now and what I can do. If anyone has any ideas or can tell me of their own experiences that would be very much appreciated. Thanks very much in advance :)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  2. youmakemesmile

youmakemesmile New commenter

Try tutoring possibly? There is a thread from a couple of days before your post called leaving teaching that asks for some ideas for people who have left.