1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to do about my department cheating in CA

Discussion in 'English' started by Dragonlady30, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Just make sure that you follow the rules to the absolute letter. This might cause the kids to comment, 'But Mr X / Mrs Y's class......' etc but as long as your conscience is clear.................
    Just to give the nasty side of my nature an airing, keep notes just in case. [​IMG]
    I'm sorry, but this type of behaviour makes my blood boil!! [​IMG] HOW does it benefit the kids who will never take responsibility for their own learning if they are spoon-fed to this extent?
    AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

2. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

If you really want to do something, then you can report them to JCQ - but you'd have to be sure of yourself (not that I am suggesting you're not!)
    I have made it very clear to my HoD every time this has come up that I WON'T cheat and that I WILL shop him if he does - thankfully, I've not had to ... yet.
    4 hours is, I think, okay for Shakespeare and ELH, and Prose (up to 4, I think it says) but the other one is too long. Guides are not allowed, work home is not allowed, teachers helping is not allowed.

3. EmmaBB

EmmaBB New commenter

How about contacting your controlled assessment advisor? Other than that, if it as bad as you say it is, a whistle needs to be blown.

4. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

Check this out: http://www.jcq.org.uk/attachments/published/1125/ICA%2011-12.pdf
    Your HoD should have a copy.
    Sections 4.1.2 is the relevant one.
    Appendix 2 of this is also relevant: http://www.jcq.org.uk/attachments/published/1114/JCQ%20Suspected%20Malpractice%2011-12.pdf