1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What to consume during the rugby?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Feb 7, 2016.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Husband has just produced a large bag of jelly babies. I'm already struggling to lose the few pounds that have stuck on since Christmas. I can't resist bread - he can't resist sugar. I'll have a ripe pear.

2. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

A brisk walk, avoiding the rugby and the temptation of jelly babies and the bread bin, is the answer.

marlin likes this.
  3. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

we're going for the jelly babies (bunnies) as the toddler is obsessed with them....

lindenlea likes this.
  4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I've just pruned the roses and now it's raining and we did actually go a walk this am so that's not going to happen foxtail.
    I already keep the butter in the freezer so i won't succumb but often just eat dry bread instead. I think I'm going to have to put the loaf in the freezer and just chip off a slice for husbands breakfast toast each morning.

5. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Get the supermarket to slice it, then you can peel of slices for breakfast. Or buy a slicing machine, if it's homemade.

Don't know that I'd go for jelly babies though. They're a bit tooth hurty! Maybe a nice soothing choc bar or something to suck like toffee?

6. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Well it could have gone better but given the pre-match write-ups a draw was a good result.

7. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

A draw is a rare result isn't it? Not in the mood to watch although once ALL the jelly babies were gone it was safe to go back into the sitting room.

8. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I was at the last Ireland Wales draw in 1974, I think.