1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What TLR? HOD + Post 16 AS/A2

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by Cambrensis, May 24, 2011.

1. Am taking up a HOD History post next year (for the first time) but am also going to be responsible for introducing a new Government and Politics AS/A2 course as well. This is a new Pol. Dept which is going to need all necessary resources etc but doesn't result in a pay rise! HOD History should be TLR2b (know from current HOD) so this common practice and what are your experiances?
    Also, how much should a post-16 Dept receive as goes a budget? SMT are very closed on this issue.

Many Thanks

2. ZanyInsany

ZanyInsany New commenter

I introduced a brand new AS/A2 course within my normal role as classroom teacher. Now as HoD, I have introduced and managed another one - no pay incentives for either - just formed part of my normal teaching / responsibility within the post I have. No idea bout post 16 budget either. As I said, we have 2 new post 16 courses but no increase in budget from pre-post 16 days. It's all a big mystery!

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

It's part of your job as a teacher, let alone as HOD, to introduce new courses.

4. Doesn't sound like a new government & politics department is being created, just that the history department is offering A level government & politics. I think you'll be lucky to get extra funding for a set or textbooks, let alone a pay rise.